About

Our History

Originally opened under the name of ‘Andrews’ back in 1951, the business was split between two adjoining properties on Bath Road in Cheltenham: No. 17 was a ladies hairdressers (now closed down), and No. 23 a traditional gents barbershop – which still remains to this day as Cheltenham’s oldest existing barbershop.


By 1975, a sought after barber by the name of Peter was recruited by the owner to take charge of running the barbershop on the promise that after five years the business would be sold to him. Peter rapidly gained a strong reputation and respect amongst his clients for his high standards and skills in providing a top quality service.


In 1980/81, the barbershop was sold to Peter, which was later renamed to Peter & Son when his son Matt decided to follow in his father’s footsteps and learn the trade. Ten years on, Peter’s second son Mario decided to also join the business.


Following Peter’s retirement, the business still continues under the management of Matt and Mario who still maintain the high standards and skills of their mentor/father.